Information submitted by our customers is encrypted and sent to our servers securely, regardless of whether you’re using a public or private Wi-Fi connection or data service (3G, 4G, or EDGE).
Cash App uses the same fraud detection infrastructure and safety standards that monitor millions of daily Square Point of Sale transactions.
Cash is also PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1 compliant. Learn more about security at Square.
Security Best Practices with Cash App
Cash App Sign In
- Every time you sign in to your Cash App
account, you’re sent a one-time-use login code.
- If you received an unsolicited sign in code via email, we recommend securing the email account associated with your Cash App account by updating your password and enabling two-factor authentication
- If you sign in to your Cash App on a device other than your personal device, make sure to sign out.
Cash App Payment Verification
- Enable the Security Lock setting so that every Cash App payment requires your passcode.
- Enable notification via text message or email so that you are notified after every Cash payment. You may adjust these settings in the profile section of your Cash App.
Secure your mobile device
- Create a passcode for your mobile device. To do so, check your device’s general settings. Because all devices vary, you may need to check your device manual for more information.
Secure your email
- If you have an email address associated with your Cash App account, we recommend securing that email account by enabling two-factor authentication (if your email provider supports it).
Communication with the Cash Team
- Only reply to emails from people and organizations that you know and trust. Cash emails will come from “@square.com”,”@squareup.com”, or “@cash.app”.
- Emails from the Cash Team or Square will only contain links to websites at square.com, squareup.com, Cash App or cash.me. If an email contains links to other websites, it was NOT sent by Square.